Why We Exist
- 25% of teenage girls are mothers or expecting their first child at 18 years.
- Youth unemployment stands at approximately 62%
- 70% of the population has no access to family planning and contraceptives information
- 3 in every 10 children has never been to school
- 50% of Uganda’s children live in poverty
- HIV prevalence is almost four times higher among young women aged 15 to 24 than young men of the same age.
- In 2014, only 38.5% of young women and men aged 15-24 could correctly identify ways of preventing the sexual transmission of HIV
YETU Health Centre
Promoting maternal, adolescent and child health
Technical and Vocational Education Program
Skilling The Girl Child And Young Women
YETU Financial Services
Building An Inclusive Rural Economy
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
How It Spreads
The Covid-19 virus primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow) and wearing a mask when in a public place
To prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands with clean water and or using an alcohol based rub frequently
- Do not touch your face.
- Keep a social distance of 4 metres
- Self isolate if you feel any covid 19 symptoms
- Seek medical assistance incase symptoms persist or worsen
- Wear your mask
- Follow guidelines issued by Ministry of Health and World Health Organisation